Interpretation and Definitions
- You means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
- Organisation (referred to as either “Balance Earth”, “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this Agreement) refers to Balance Earth Association, with headquarters in Bucharest, Parafinei 10, District 6;
- Affiliate refers to entities with which we can partner to carry out our projects or to those who control these entities;
- Account means a unique account created for You to access our Service or parts of our Service.
- Website refers to Balance Earth website, accessible from www.balance-earth.org;
- Service refers to the Website;
- Country refers to Romania;
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Organisation. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Organisation to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Organisation, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Organisation in analysing how the Service is used;
- Third-party Social Media Service refers to any website or any social network website through which a user can log in or create an account to use the Service;
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual;
- Cookies are small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its many uses;
- Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cell phone or a digital tablet;
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Who We Are
We are Balance Earth Association, a non-profit organisation that functions under Romanian law.
Our contact details are:
Name: Balance Earth Association
Address: Parafinei 10, District 6, Bucharest, Romania
What personal data we need to work with
By personal data we mean the type of data which help us identify a person, such as name, home address, telephone number, or email. By using our website to create user accounts, contact us or register to our newsletters we will require and collect the following information about you: name, phone number (if the case), email address, home address (if the case), and IP address.
The personal data specified above is required for receiving your messages, sending newsletters or website user creation. In subsidiary, if you attend to different projects or events related to environmental protection where we will be present, during those events there might exist also accredited photographers and journalists. Their mission will be to capture photos and footage of the moments we had together, which shall be used for artistic, journalistic or promotion purposes, including on this website.
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service. Usage Data may include information such as Your Device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data. When You access the Service by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser You use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data. We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit our Service or when You access the Service by or through a mobile device.
How we collect personal data?
We receive information about you when you contact us through the Contact and Support forms, when you register to our newsletters and when you Log in with your social media account on our website. We collect this information from you through cookies, and through the creation of user accounts on our website. We collect your public profile data only based on the consent that you grant before logging in with your social media profile, from the social network used to login at our website. This data includes your first name, last name, email address, link to your social media profile, unique identifier, link to social profile avatar. This data is used to create your user profile at our website. You can revoke this consent at any time by sending us an e-mail.
Cookies are small text files that store internet settings and are used by almost all websites these days. A cookie is downloaded by your internet browser on the first visit you make to a website. On your next visit made on the same website from the same device, the cookie and the information in it are sent back to the originating website. Cookies are very useful. Assuming you visit our website from the same device and the same browser, when you message us through our Contact or Support forms or fill out the Registration form, cookies will help with automatically filling in the information you provided in that form before so you don’t have to fill it out once more when you choose to use the form again.
How we use personal data
We use your personal data to reach out when we need to inform you about news related to the environment or about our projects, or to send you important updates about events where we participate.
Thus, we may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service, including to monitor the usage of our Service.
- To manage Your Account, if the case: to manage Your registration as a user of the Service. The Personal Data You provide can give You access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to You as a registered user.
- To contact You: To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to projects or events, including functionalities or security updates of the Website, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide You with news, invitations and general information about projects and events that we attend and other events that are similar to those that you have already submitted or inquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to us.
We may share your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: We may share Your personal information with Service Providers to monitor and analyse the use of our Service, to contact You.
- With Public Authorities: We may share your data at the request of the Public Authorities when we have a legal obligation to do so.
- With other users: when You share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside. If You interact with other users or register through a Third-Party Social Media Service, Your contacts on the Third-Party Social Media Service may see Your name, profile, pictures and description of Your activity. Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of Your activity, communicate with You and view Your profile.
Detailed information on processing your Personal Data
Service Providers have access to Your Personal Data only to perform their tasks on Our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose. We may use third-party Service providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Website, such as WP Statistics which is a web traffic analysis tool.
How we’re keeping your information safe
We keep contact form submissions for six months after you fill them in, for platform evaluation or Service usage purposes. We do not use the information submitted through our Contact form for marketing purposes, unless you explicitly give your consent.
Embedded content from other websites
Links to Other Websites
How long we retain your data
Your rights on personal data privacy
You have certain rights according to the applicable data protection regulation and European Union’s GDPR . It is recommended that you read relevant laws and guidance from the regulatory authorities for full explanation of these rights. A summary of your rights is listed in the following section:
- You have the right to request and obtain confirmation on whether or not we process and store your personal data. You also have the right to obtain information about what personal data we keep and how it’s being processed.
- You have the right to request that we correct inaccuracies about your personal data.
- You have the right to restrict us from processing your personal data in certain situations. Even if processing is restricted, we may still continue to store your data. We may otherwise proceed to process your data if: a) we obtain your consent; b) we need to establish legal claims; c) we need to protect the rights of another person or legal entity; d) it is a matter of important public interest.
- In certain situations, you have the right to request that we delete your personal data immediately. These situations include: a) the personal data we store are no longer needed since they have already served the purposes for which they were initially provided, stored, and processed; b) you withdraw your consent for data processing according to the GDPR and there is no other legal base for processing them; c) the data has been processed outside of legal terms. There are also situations in which the right to request deletion can be excluded, and they are: a) we need to comply with legal obligation; b) we need to establish, exercise or defend legal claims. In all the situations previously described processing is necessary.
- For all situations in which the legal basis for processing private data is the consent you have provided, you have the right to revoke this consent. Should you revoke your consent, we will stop processing your personal data unless it is permitted or required by personal data regulations or other laws and regulations that apply to override your consent withdrawal. Later revoking your consent will not affect the lawfulness of data processing based on consent given prior to it’s revocation. Should you abstain from giving needed consent, or later withdraw consent, your access to some of the benefits implied by our services may be forfeited.
- Should you feel it is needed, you always maintain the right to send your complaints to the local authorities. The data protection supervisory authority in Romania is:
- The National Authority for the Supervision of Personal Data Processing
- Address: Bld. General Gheorghe Magheru 28-30, Bucharest, Romania
- Tel: 031 805 9211
- Website: www.dataprotection.ro
We may process other people’s personal data
Should you choose to provide us with personal data belonging to other people, you become fully responsible for the way in which you obtained that data. We cannot be held liable for any infringement to the rights of the people who’s personal data you provide to us.
Contact us if you have any privacy-specific concerns
- By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By filling a form on our website: www.balance-earth.org.